Utility Cloud System Design SE5
Provide system engineering solutions to meet required capabilities for cloud, Virtual Desktop (VDI), and other current and future Computer Infrastructure. Create bills of materials, network designs and diagrams, rack elevations, cable run lists, build books, and other documentation for new and updated installations. Work with network, storage, and server personnel to define new or modified solutions to complex problems. Respond to requests for new MUC and VDI systems, design them to meet capacity and user requirements, and determine required power, space, cooling, and funding to meet these goals. Prepare summaries for budget estimates and details for purchase.
Critical documentation types include Rack elevations (specific layout of hardware in rack floor plans); Network Diagrams (Physical connections diagram to system port level); Cable Run List (spreadsheets of all physical hardware and network connections within a system); System Build Books, installation guides for hardware builds, and cable labels; and full documentation of hardware identifiers and inventory information.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Familiarity with agile development and test methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bounded by constraints.
- Ability to break down complex problem space, formulate technical strategies build action plans, and track progress against established baselines to resolve technical challenges and meet customer expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Strong in writing and communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience.
Apply here or send your resume directly to email@example.com