**YOU MUST HAVE A TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY**
Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering and other technical assistance to customer’s requirements development and planning for National SIGINT systems. The supported organization is the focal point for defining the intelligence requirements which drive the development of Overhead collection and processing systems. The selected systems engineer will work closely with Intelligence Community (IC), national-level customers, and military services to capture and document the requirements for the next generation systems. The effort requires participation in numerous meetings, working groups, and integrated product teams, product reviews, and status meetings to monitor the systems engineering plans, development, and deployment of space and ground processing systems. The Systems Engineer will work closely with government Systems Engineers to ensure customer plans are effectively aligned with those developed by other IC engineers. The goal is seamless integration across both enterprises. The systems engineer will be a key member of the team charged with the production of solid documentation of the customers’ requirements and a mapping of where, when and how those requirements will be satisfied by capabilities to be deployed across the extended IC enterprise as the next generation collection and processing systems are fielded. The selected Systems Engineer will directly participate in structured analysis of alternatives (AoA) decision making processes as plans work through the appropriate decision gates. To be successful, the selected individual must be able to communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives. The will be have responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
• Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
• Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
• Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management; and
• Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
- Minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Must have strong written and oral communicative skills. This position will involve drafting detailed requirements documentation as well as associated briefings of requirements and status for customer, DNI, and IC-leadership.
- Ability to assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Ability to assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Ability to analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Ability to supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Must be able to independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project and brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline.
Apply here or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ideal candidate would be Overhead SIGNT SME. However familiarity with IC organizations and processes may be a suitable replacement for detailed technical knowledge of current Overhead SIGINT system capabilities.
- Some knowledge of DNI’s Intelligence Community Capability Requirements (ICCR) process and the Joint Capabilities Integration Development Systems (JCIDS) process would be valuable. The task generally operates at the enterprise and architectural level of the capabilities needs processes, and seldom requires deep dives into low level system requirements.
- Knowledge of the customer’s Corporate Requirements process will be very helpful in being fully effective in this work role.