**YOU MUST HAVE A TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY IN ORDER TO APPLY**
System Engineer -Mid Level
- Systems Engineer responsible for providing subject matter expertise, research, and recommendations relating to candidate functions, services, etc., that promote interoperability and the use of standards within the customer organization and with its partners.
- The position will require an assertive and intuitive engineer to help reach out to the projects, services, and analytics associated with customer programs to discover which ones could be considered key to enabling interoperability within the customer enterprise as well as between the customer and partner organizations. Once these are determined, the engineer would identify the functionality of each 'enabler' and identify the critical technical standards that the enabler uses.
- This position may also require interacting with other subject matter experts in the community to address standards-related issues and impacts, including architecture, interoperability, implementation, and testing. The contractor will work in a collaborative team environment with mentors.
- Individuals in this position must have at least five years of demonstrated experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF).
- Knowledge of modeling approaches such as Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling
- Understanding of data architecture approaches such as DODAF, Zachman, UAF, TOGAF, JARM, etc., as well as industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK).
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for 2 years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
Individuals in this position should have at least five years of experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass standards, requirements analysis, integration, and process execution and evaluation.
- Knowledgeable of DoD and IC standards and specifications as well as tools that enable information sharing.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Able to assist in policy formulation and decisions.
- Strong in writing and communications skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
- Familiarity with Cameo, System Architect, Magic Draw, Sparx, Rhapsody, or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites.