**YOU MUST HAVE A TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY**
Software Engineer needed to support our Intelligence Community customer in efforts to build, secure, and deploy national security systems.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Secure Technologies Group (SecureTech) provides a wide range of technologies and services to assure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our nation's cyber infrastructure. We offer a broad array of Cyber Security, Risk Management Framework, Computer Network Operations, Secure Systems Engineering and Design, and Operational Information Systems Security Services. Experienced in developing innovative solutions to cybersecurity and technology challenges, our clients look to SecureTech's dedicated team of certified professionals to develop end-to-end solutions that keep pace with the ever-changing global environment.
What you will do:
- The contractor shall provide software engineering expertise to the Technology Transition organization at MPO.
- The customer currently maintains a large Microsoft Access database containing information related to technology transitions.
- Contractor support is being requested to support the operation, maintenance and extension of the database.
- Routine monitoring of the Access database, to include ensuring that automated backups are functioning and managing backup files in accordance with the customer’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Updating and maintaining technical documentation
- Resolve discrepancies with the database and its MS Visual Basic interface.
- Add additional features to the database as approved by the customer
- Investigate and, if appropriate, move the database back-end behind a VPN
- Long term, investigate options for moving the database backend from MS to a corporately supported RDBMS.
Secure Technologies Group (SecureTech) is a leading cyber security engineering and services provider for the intelligence community, military branches, and federal agencies – as well as for the private sector contractors that work side-by-side with them to protect our nation’s interests worldwide. The vast cyber infrastructure that serves as our homeland’s nerve center for military, government, and commercial operations is the nation’s most vital asset. It is also our most vulnerable. We look for qualified individuals who exude the highest in work and personal ethics, and who want to be part of a team that contributes to our national security.
Do you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study with 14 years’ experience as a Software Engineer.
- Relational database design and management
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- MS Visual Basic for Applications
- MS Access query, form and report design
- The transition and decommission of legacy software systems.
- Producing and/or interpreting architectural documentation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
SecureTech gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring and retaining a capable, ethical, and diverse workforce. We take pride in providing our customers with talent that goes the extra mile for the mission and consistently acts in the most ethical and principled manner.
Apply here or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org